Tree Top’s Dried Blended Fruit Flake Powders are made from fruit purées that are drum dried into an inexpensive and very versatile powder.
Our real fruit blends powders can be custom designed with minimum volume requirements by simply choosing any fruit or any blend of fruits. Dried fruit purées also may be colored and flavored with natural or artificial additives to meet your specific needs.
Dried Fruit Flake Powders Are Available in the Following Flavors and Blends:
- Cherry Red Tart with Pectin
- Strawberry/Apple with Pectin
Available Sizes: **
- 8 Mesh: Thru USS #8: 90% Minimum; Thru a USS #30: 25% maximum
** Other mesh sizes available upon request.
Dried Fruit Flake Powder Benefits:
- Full fruit flavor with real fruit inclusion
- Excellent fat replacer and moisture extender
- Viscosity controlled by customer for maximum versatility — just add water for easy reconstitution
- Shelf stable and long lasting in ambient temperatures
- Easily blended into dough matrix or filling
- Products can be labeled “made with real fruit”
- Low-cost transportation and storage
- Moisture below 3.5%
- Generally, use 5-parts water by weight to 1-part powder
Dried Fruit Flake Powder Applications:
- Bakery product fillings or doughs
- Visual points of identity for cereals
- Fruit bar toppings
- Dried salad seasonings
- Fruit leathers
- Fruit drinks and teas
- Dried fruit snacks
- Cake mixes
- Fat substitute
- Thickening agent
Preservatives and Treatment Options:
Dehydration itself increases shelf life by lowering the availability of water to microorganisms that cause spoilage. Other substances are used to combat enzymatic browning, which is commonly associated with cut fruit.
Low Moisture blended flake powders are available with the following treatments:
No Treatment: No preservative, no special process
Contains Sulfites (to preserve color): Sodium Sulfite <300 ppm maximum
Calcium Stearate may be added at 0.5% maximum to prevent caking
For more information, download our Treatment Options pdf here.
- Available in 30 and 40 pound cases and 1050 pound totes
- Packaged in a 4.0 mil high density poly bag inside a corrugated box
Although the end usage will ultimately dictate the correct ratio, fruit flake powder generally requires three to five-parts water to one-part powder, to fully reconstitute.