More Fruit, More Forms, More possibilities… Every product Tree Top makes is with our customer in mind. We work closely with product developers to design the optimum ingredient for any finished product. That’s true for Dried Apples and our entire array of fruit ingredients. Our dried fruit product line includes Low Moisture, Regular Moisture, Intermediate Moisture apples, and Dried Fruit Flake Powders in every fruit flavor and form imaginable. Click here to explore our dried fruit…
Tree Top’s Formulated Fruit Preps are custom formulations developed for specific customer products. With several different processing methods; such as aseptic or pasteurization and a team of skilled product developers, we can produce custom fruit ingredients that meet your color, viscosity, flavor, texture and technical requirements. Explore our fruit preparations and order a sample today. Click here to learn more about our fruit preparations…
Tree Top’s fruit juice concentrates are made from wholesome fresh fruit that make excellent sweeteners for baked goods, cereals, candies, frozen novelties, fruit snacks, jams, jellies, sauces and beverages. The same attention to detail and superior standards that go into our own brand — Tree Top — go into the ingredients we offer our customers. Over the years our portfolio of fruit offerings has expanded beyond apples and includes pears, strawberries, blackberries, Concord grapes, and raspberries. If you don’t see the fruit solution you are looking for, Northwest Naturals specializes in liquid fruit solutions and may be able to fulfill your needs. Click here to explore all our fruit juice concentrates…
Fruit is becoming one of the most popular vehicles for delivering a wide range of health benefits. Tree Top’s Fruit Purées are minimally processed, and provide a color boost and an enhanced flavor to both food and beverage applications. Discover the wide range of healthy advantages Tree Top’s fruit purées can bring to your next formulation project. Explore all our fruit purées here…
Hard Ciders and Alcohol – Pet Food – Reduced Sugar
Consumers increasingly concerned with health and wellness are choosing products boasting with healthful ingredients. Fruit is becoming one of the most popular vehicles for delivering a wide range of health benefits. Our product development team, with backgrounds in food science, chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, sensory, culinary and engineering, can work confidentially with you to create a vast array of food and beverage products. Click here to learn more…
In this white paper, we will review the selection, processing, shelf life, nutrition, and practical aspects of the use of evaporated and low moisture apple products in snacks, bars, cereals and bakery products.
While fruits have always projected a healthy halo, a growing body of research indicates the daily consumption of fruits and vegetables can improve our mental well-being or aid with cognition.
Fruit ingredients, from drum-dried powders and flakes to purées and concentrates, can aid and extend shelf life in baking applications and other food systems. Fruit ingredients present formulators with another tool in their arsenal when seeking clean label solutions.
Many industries would envy the hard cider industry’s double digit sales increases for the last three years and counting. Meeting consumer demand for this popular beverage requires a reliable supply of high-quality apple juice or other fruit juices with the appropriate attributes for cider brewing.
Antioxidants, fiber and clean label implications — these and a host of other benefits make fruit powders, concentrates and purées attractive ingredients for pet food or treat formulations. In addition, consumers’ top concerns when purchasing pet food include a desire for foods processed in the U.S. and cleaner, simpler product profiles.
The industry push for clean labels shows no signs of slowing down. Indeed, its rapid acceleration is fueled by consumer demand for foods formulated with simple, more natural ingredients whenever possible.
- California Chill HoursSo far, California’s San Joaquin Valley has been having a chilly winter, which is just what our stone fruit trees need to allow for record-high yields. Seasonal chill hours are a critical component of tree fruit production, typically tracked as hours where the temperature is below 45 degrees from November 1st – March 1st. If […]
- California Strawberry ProductionThe production of strawberry in California increased in fresh market volume, and also in juice grade, but remained fairly flat for freezer grade. With increased acreage in 2022 over the previous year it gave the fresh market an opportunity to receive more fruit, but with less than ideal growing conditions at times in 2022 the […]
- Cold Storage InventoryCold storage inventory of strawberry at the end of the year as reported by USDA has increased since the small volume in 2020. It currently remains a little under the inventory position of 2018. Cold storage inventory of strawberry by item indicates that most categories are below their ten year averages. The exception to this […]
- Frozen Strawberry in the U.S.California has packed less #1 grade strawberry per year as frozen in the period of 2018-2022 compared to the previous five year period. At one time California would regularly pack up more than 400 million pounds of #1 grade frozen strawberries in a year. In 2022 the volume was 347 million pounds, and nearly 100 […]
- Fresh Market Strawberry VolumeFresh market strawberry volume is off to a slow start in California due to the recent weather events. Florida is also running a little behind as well. This is leaving suppliers in Mexico with a very strong market. Current FOB wholesale pricing for strawberry is listed at more than $20 per box according to USDA […]
- Winter Strawberry AcreageWinter strawberry planted acreage increased in every district this year according to the 2023 Acreage Survey published by the California Strawberry Commission. California had an increase originally but lost acreage with storm damage in January. Production from other areas is ongoing currently with good pricing for fresh market fruit delivered to markets in the U.S. […]