Very Berry Buckle
- 39 g Tree Top Apple Juice Concentrate, TTAO1, 70 Brix
- 65 g Tree Top Apples, Evaporated, 3/4″ x 1/2″ x 1/4″ with Sulfur
- 2 g Tree Top Apple, Drum Dried, 20 Mesh with Sulfur
- 64 g Northwest Naturals Raspberry w/ WONF, 65 Brix, #224208
- 90 g water
- 32 g blackberries, IQF
- 64 g berry mix, IQF
- 0.10 g cinnamon, ground
- 0.90 g lemon peel, dried
- 0.90 g orange peel, ground
- 0.10 g ginger powder
- 0.10 g nutmeg, ground
- 4 g colloid powder, #151 TIC
- 1 g salt
- 360 g puff pastry, sheets 90 g per portion
- 12 g egg, mixed with water
Heat water to a boil and add Evaporated Apple, cover and rest for 30 minutes.
Blend all dry ingredients and reserve.
Mix wet ingredients, including Evaporated Apple mix and fold in dry mix until thick and incorporated.
Refrigerate product for filling pastry. Thaw pastry sheets and cut in 90 g squares, keep covered and moist. Brush outside edge with mixed egg wash.
Place 56.7 g of filling in 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ strip of filling at 6 o’clock. Fold in sides, roll so seam is on bottom and seal.
Brush outside with egg and score with 3 3/4″ slashes, on a bias and blast freeze.
Par bake in 375 F oven to golden brown and refreeze. For oven; Preheat oven to 350 F for 15 minutes, rest for 10 minutes.