Spiced Apple Scones
- 19 g Tree Top Drum Dried Apple Powder
- 155 g Tree Top Evaporated or Low Moisture Apple Dices
- 112 g Tree Top Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 280 g all-purpose flour
- 83.50 g brown sugar, firmly packed
- 8.20 g baking powder
- 1 g cinnamon
- 1 g nutmeg
- 1 g ginger
- 0.70 g salt
- 43 g buttermilk
- 50 g egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 45 g water
- 4 g Sugar
- 0.25 g Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and apple powder. Mix well. Stir in dried apples.
In a small bowl, combine apple sauce, milk and egg; mix well. Add dry ingredients; stir until moistened. Place dough on the cookie sheet. With wet fingers, shape into 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle topping over dough. With a sharp knife, score top surface into 8 wedges, cutting about 1/4-inch deep.
Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve