Spanish Roast Salmon
Apple Potato Gratin
- 15 g Tree Top Apple Juice Concentrate
- 387 g IQF Granny Smith Apple Wedges
- 650 g Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into cold water
- 250 g roasted onions, julienne cut
- 432 g whipping cream
- 9 g IQF parsley, medium
- 3 g finely ground sea salt
- 1.85 g coarsely ground black pepper
- 1.50 g minced garlic, frozen
- 0.30 g ground cinnamon
- 0.30 g ground nutmeg
- 0.15 g dried dill weed
- 1 g Rapid 3 gum
- 25 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Oil spray
- 16.50 g Tree Top Apple Juice Concentrate, 70 Brix
- 22.80 g Northwest Naturals Orange Juice Concentrate
- 3 g Northwest Naturals Lemon Juice Concentrate
- 113 g salmon fillet, pink, deep skinned, 4oz portions
- 18 g extra virgin olive oil
- 6.80 g sea salt, finely ground
- 2 g coarsely ground black pepper
- 39 g orange marmalade
- 15.20 g Sherry wine, commercial
- 0.20 g dried parsley
- 115 g apple potato gratin, frozen (recipe follows)
- 115 g tomato chickpea relish, frozen (recipe follows)
- 5 each – 2 compartment microwave trays with lids
Tomato Chickpea Relish
- 142 g Tree Top IQF Fuji Apple Wedges
- 33 g Tree Top Apple Juice Concentrate, 70 Brix
- 5.70 g Northwest Naturals Lemon Juice Concentrate
- 226 g IQF garbanzo beans, cooked
- 70 g black colossal olives, pitted
- 70 g fresh green olives, large, pitted
- 85 g IQF diced tomatoes
- 27 g extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g IQF parsley
- 5 g IQF basil, medium
- 0.40 g dried thyme leaves
- 24 g finely ground sea salt
- 3 g onion powder
- 0.60 g saladizer gum
Thaw salmon fillets and place in flat bottom tray or dish.
To make the marinade, mix together olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, concentrates, marmalade and sherry. Rub ¾ of marinade gently over salmon and refrigerate for 3 hours. Reserve ¼ for basting.
Preheat oven to 425 F. Place fillets on baking tray and cook for 6 minutes or until salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145 F. Brush with reserved marinade and immediately freeze.
Tomato Chickpea Relish:
Cut olives in half and combine with a mixture of IQF garbanzo beans and tomatoes. Freeze. Combine all juice concentrates in covered shaker.
Mix thyme, salt, onion powder with the gum and shake slowly into the juice concentrate mixture. Add the parsley and basil. Toss concentrate mixture with vegetables and hold frozen
Apple Potato Gratin:
Preheat oven to 350 F and line three 8″ x 5″ bread loaf pans with foil. Spray pan with oil spray.
Slice potatoes on mandolin or 1/8″ thin with a knife and store in chilled water until ready to assemble.
Heat cream in sauce pan on low heat with apple concentrate and IQF parsley. Blend cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, dill and gum and add slowly to heating cream. Stir constantly with a whisk. Simmer for 10 minutes and reserve for assembly.
Drain potatoes well. Place 1 layer of potatoes, shingled, in the bottom of each pan. Layer apples over potatoes and sprinkle evenly with onions. Pour 1/6 of sauce into each pan and spread evenly over the surface with a spatula. Place another layer of potatoes over the top. Distribute remaining sauce over the top of each pan. Compress sauce into gratin with flat side of spatula. Cover each pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover pans and continue cooking another 45 minutes, rotating pans in the oven half way through time. Remove pans from oven and let stand to room temperature and freeze.
To portion; lightly heat bottom of pan on stovetop and turn out on cutting board. Remove foil bottom and cut in 115 gram strips and store frozen.
Prepare chickpea relish and place in bottom of main compartment, top with a 4 ounce salmon portion. Prepare apple potato gratin, and cut into 1½” x 4″ strip and place in side tray. Top with sprinkle of parsley and freeze entire unit.
For heating; remove plastic wrap from tray and place microwave lid on tray and heat from frozen for 4 to 5 minutes on high heat. Let stand for 1 minute covered.