Pepper Steak with Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
- 380 g Tree Top Blueberry Puree
- 100 g broth (meat or vegetable)
- 28 g sherry vinegar
- 15 g white Balsamic vinegar
- 16 g Dijon mustard
- 1 g Kosher salt
- 35 g orange juice concentrate
- 5 g cornstarch
- fresh parsley
- 170 g Flank steak, trimmed
- 2 g Kosher salt flakes
- 1.20 g ground black pepper, coarse
- 1.30 g garlic, granulated, dry
- 4 g extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g Blueberry Balsamic Glaze (recipe below)
- 120 g Roasted Rosemary Potatoes (recipe below)
- 90 g asparagus, grilled
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 639 g new red potatoes, skin on, cut in bite-size pieces
- 18 g olive oil
- 2.50 g Kosher salt flakes
- 2 g black pepper, coarse ground
- 1.40 g rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
Rub meat with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic; let rest for 45 minutes at room temperature.
Heat barbecue grill to medium-high heat. Place steak on grill and cook 3 minutes on each side until desired doneness is reached. Remove from grill and let rest at room temperature for 4 to 5 minutes. Slice steak on bias, approximately ¼” to ¾” thick.
Plate with prepared potatoes and vegetables with heated sauce as steak topping, brushed on or on the side.
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze:
Combine all ingredients except parsley in a large saucepan; whisk to combine. Simmer, stirring constantly, for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add cornstarch; whisk until smooth. Fold in parsley.
Yield: about 1 cup
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Cut potatoes to size and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on flat, sided sheet pan.
Place potatoes on middle rack of oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.
Chop herbs fine and toss with potato mixture. Continue roasting for an additional 10 minutes, or until potatoes are done.