Cherry Nut Praline Fruit Bars
Base Syrup Mixture
- 100 g Tree Top Cherry Base
- 154 g brown rice malt syrup
- 28.60 g evaporated cane sugar
- 3 g orange zest (frozen, or less if fresh)
- 2.34 g vanilla
- 0.98 g Kosher salt flakes
- 56 g Tree Top Blackberry Fruit Sensations® (or blueberry)
- 50 g Tree Top Apple Flake Powder, 12 mesh, NS
- 6 g Tree Top Low Moisture Apple Fiber
- 178 g pecans, chopped
- 107 g almonds, chopped, toasted
- 84 g sesame seeds, toasted
- 84 g cranberries, dried, split, chopped 1/8-inch
- 77 g sunflower seeds, toasted
- 67 g pepitas, raw
- 65 g golden raisins, chopped
- 30 g cream dairy powder
- 8 g caramelized sugar powder
- 0.70 g natural flavor, oil soluble (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil spray baking pan.
Place raw seeds and nuts on a baking pan for about 7 minutes or until golden, stirring regularly. Let cool.
Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Separate all syrup base ingredients and reserve.
Mix all wet ingredients in separate bowl.
Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients and add 1-1/2 ounces of heated base syrup. Knead/mix with lightly oiled hand to uniformly blend.
Portion dough onto oil-sprayed pan approximately ½-inch thick and press firmly. Let rest for a few minutes.
Turn out on cutting board and cut carefully into 2-inch by 1-inch (15-20 grams) and serve.
Base Syrup Mixture:
Combine brown rice malt syrup, evaporated sugar, orange zest and vanilla in a small pan over medium heat. Simmer for 4 minutes, remove from heat and keep warm until use.