Cheddar Cheese Muffins
- 110 g Tree Top Fruit Sensations – Apple
- 100 g Tree Top Apple Purée
- 108 g Tree Top Apple Juice Concentrate
- 14 g baking powder
- 3 g salt
- 0.30 g fresh ground pepper
- 50 g sugar
- 4.30 g baked apple flavor
- 250 g flour
- 170 g coarsely grated medium cheddar cheese
- 50 g egg
- 246 g milk
- 57 g butter, melted (room temperature)
Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin cups, or line with paper baking cups.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baked apple flavor, sugar and pepper. Add cheese, tossing with fingers to distribute evenly.
In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, butter apple purée and apple concentrate. Fold into dry mixture gently with a rubber spatula, just until all ingredients are moist. Fold in apples until evenly distributed. Scoop batter into muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until center springs back to the touch.
Turn out onto wire rack and cool.