Caribbean Sunset Salsa
- 85 g Northwest Naturals, Mango Puree 14 Brix, single strength
- 5 g Northwest Naturals, Orange Juice Concentrate, 60 Brix
- 2.15 g Northwest Naturals, Lime Juice Concentrate, single strength
- 20 g Tree Top Pear Juice Concentrate, 70 Brix
- 10 g Tree Top Evaporated Apple Pieces 1/4 x 1/4, unsulfured
- 3.50 g Tree Top Apple Flake Powder, 20 mesh, non-sulphur
- 80 g diced IQF tomato
- 15 g water
- 2.50 g fine sea salt
- 2.20 g clear gel gum
- 2 g IQF cilantro
- 0.55 g ginger, minced in water
- 0.30 g mango flavor
- 0.23 g black pepper, 18 mesh
- 0.20 g apple flavor
- 0.20 g allspice, fine ground
- 0.10 g koji aji wheat extract
- 0.08 g roasting flavor
- 0.06 g cinnamon, fine ground
- 0.05 g allspice flavor, natural
- 0.03 g nutmeg, fine ground
- 0.02 g Caribbean flavor
Mix flavors with salt and reserve. Mix all other dry ingredients and reserve.
Add all wet ingredients to kettle and begin heating to 180 F, mixing constantly with whisk. Add flavor salt mixture, followed by dry mix, slowly and whisking until gum is completely hydrated.
Hold at 180 F for 3 minutes and portion in 8 ounce tubs, seal and chill immediately.
Serve with Tostitos or Sun Chips.