Blackberry BBQ Pork Skewers with Napa Slaw
Blackberry Barbecue Sauce
- 500 g Tree Top Blackberry Puree SS Sdls
- 98 g ketchup
- 98 g goney
- 65.75 g brown sugar
- 7.50 g ginger, fresh, finely minced
- 3 g Kosher salt flakes
- 58 g Frank’s Hot Sauce
Napa Cabbage Slaw
- 20 g Tree Top Apple Puree SS
- 51 g Fresh Apples, julienned fine
- 75 g non-fat Greek yogurt
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 7.70 g lemon juice, fresh
- 8 g garlic, fresh, minced
- 0.50 g ground cumin
- 1 g parsley, fresh, chopped
- 7.50 g Tahini Sesame Paste
- 0.25 g oregano leaf, dried
- 0.25 g sea salt, fine
- 0.25 g ground black pepper, fine
- 80 g Napa cabbage, slivered fine
- 13 g red cabbage, slivered fine
- 6 g green onions, slivered fine
- 15 g red bell pepper, julienned fine
- 30 g jicama, julienned fine
- pork skewers
- 500 g pork tenderloin
- 2.50 g Kosher salt flakes
- 1.90 g Chinese Five Spice
- 36 g olive oil
- 1 g garlic granules
Soak 6” wooden skewers in cold water for at least 15 minutes.
Trim silver skin from pork tenderloin and cut lengthwise and cross grain 1-inch thick. Stitch on wooden skewers.
Mix salt and Five Spice with olive oil and brush on skewered pork. Refrigerate for one to 12 hours.
Heat barbecue grill to medium heat and cook on each side 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness. Brush with Blackberry Barbecue Sauce the last couple minutes.
Place prepared Napa Cabbage Slaw on plate and lean skewers slightly on edge. Drizzle with additional heated Blackberry Barbecue Sauce on pork and serve.
Note: Brisket griller meat strips or pork breast cut can be used in place of tenderloin.
Blackberry Barbecue Sauce:
Combine all ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over pork skewers.
Napa Cabbage Slaw:
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
Cut vegetables and mix well with desired amount of dressing.
Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours before serving.