Apple Spice Bar
- 113.4 g Tree Top Apples Purée
- 212.63 g all-pourpose flour
- 3.54 g baking powder
- 1.85 g salt
- 1.85 g ground ginger
- 1.85 g nutmeg
- 113.40 g shortening
- 297.68 g granulated sugar
- 200 g egg
- 3.54 g baking soda dissolved in 14.235 g water
- 3.54 g natural apple flavor
Grease a 13″ x 9″ pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine first five ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Cream the shortening and sugar together. Beat in the eggs, scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add the dissolved baking soda. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined; stir in frozen apples.
Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean. Cool in pan before cutting.