Apple Prosciutto Pizza
- 220 g Tree Top Fresh Apple Slices with AS1
- 21.30 g butter
- 80 g onion
- 2.10 g sugar
- 226 g Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Prosciutto, grated
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2.4 g thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 twelve inch prepared pizza crust
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 25 minutes, or until onions are very soft and golden brown. Add sugar and cook for 5 minutes more.
Place pizza crusts on a large baking sheet and top with equal amounts of Mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, apples, Prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Top with thyme and let cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.