Apple Grain Twist
- 120 g egg mixed
- 45 g apple granules
- 17 g cinnamon
- 8 g allspice ground
- 40 g Tree Top Apple Concentrate, 70 Brix, TTA01
- 30 g Tree Top Evaporated Apple 1/8″ x 1/8″ sulfered
- 28.48 g Tree Top Apple Fiber, 20 mesh, non-sulfered
- 200 g white unbleached all-purpose flour
- 81 g chilled water
- 28.48 g chilled, salted butter
- 0.63 g clover honey
- 14.24 g bran
- 14.24 g whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 14.24 g oat bran
- 5 g fine sea salt
- 4.75 g baking powder
- 4 g apple flavor, natural
- 2.50 g allspice flavor, natural
Mix salt with flavors and reserve. Mix additional dry ingredients well, add chilled butter and blend until fine packable crumble.
Add apple concentrate and chilled water and knead 2 minutes maximum until smooth, let rest for 45 minutes before cutting and forming.
Cut and roll dough into 3 1/2 inch length by 1/4 inch high and about 4.7 grams each. Let dry for 10 minutes in open air. Hold one end twist 360 degrees, gently and lightly press.
Mix dry topping ingredients.
Brush each cracker with egg wash and sprinkle heavily, but not caked with topping.
Bake at 375 F for about 12 minutes. Turn tray and roll each cracker over in the baking process.
Let rest for several hours until all moisture is gone.