Apple, Butternut and Carrot Harvest Soup
- 125 g Tree Top Apple Puree SS
- 340 g water
- 210 g Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 190 g vegetable or chicken broth
- 145 g Yukon potatoes, cubed
- 120 g 2% milk
- 60 g carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 55 g sweet onions, rough chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 50 g Celery, rough chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 15 g sea salt
- 12 g cider vinegar
- 10 g olive oil
- 10 g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 g curry powder
- 2.20 g graham masala (Italian Curry Powder)
- 2 g ground black pepper
- 0.12 g ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Toss cubed squash, carrot and potatoes in olive oil with ½ salt and pepper in large skillet. Roast uncovered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until softened and slightly golden. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in a large soup pot. Add sweet onions and celery; sweat until clear. Add squash and potato mixture with water, dry ingredients, apple puree and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Place in a blender and puree soup until creamy. Add milk and adjust salt and pepper. Add parsley and serve.
Serves 4 – 6.