Apple Adobo Dipping Sauce
- 3 g Northwest Naturals Lime Juice Concentrate, 44 Brix
- 12.92 g Northwest Naturals Orange Juice Concentrate, 60 Brix
- 67.18 g Tree Top Apple Juice Concentrate, 70 Brix
- 25.84 g Tree Top Drum Dried, Low Moisture Apple Powder, 20 Mesh
- 64.59 g Tree Top Evaporated Apple Pieces, 1/8″ x 1/8″ x 1/8″
- 827 g filtered water
- 387.55 g tomato puree
- 38.76 g IQF minced yellow onoins, 1/8″ x 1/8″ x 1/8″
- 24.54 g apple cider vinegar
- 12.92 g kosher salt
- 11.63 g IQF large cut cilantro leaf
- 7.75 g can, pureed chipotle in adobo
- 5.68 g onion powder
- 5.17 g cumin, ground
- 1.81 g IQF minced garlic
- 1.68 g Ticazan Rapid 3 Gum Powder
- 0.78 g Mexican oregano leaf
- 0.52 g cilantro
- 0.44 g ground cinnamon
- 0.39 g fajita flavoring
In a small mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients with flavors (except cilantro). Set aside.
In a large saucepan, mix together lime juice concentrate, orange juice concentrate, apple juice concentrate, water, tomato puree, apple cider vinegar, apple pieces, onion and garlic. Heat over medium and slowly whisk in dry ingredients. Simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and place in an ice bath to cool, stirring regularly. Fold in cilantro prior to serving.
Fold with seared meat for burrito or Latin American fillings, serve over grilled meat or heat and serve on the side as dipping sauce.