Fruit Sensations® are a ready-to-eat fruit snack that has been boosted with real fruit flavor. Containing 60% dried, Pacific Northwest apples super-infused with 40% sweeteners, colors and flavors, our Fruit Sensations® function similarly to raisins, but can add a dramatic kick of flavor and color to any food product. They are prepared from commercially grown fruit which has been washed, peeled, cored, diced and treated with fruit juice concentrates, sugars, artificial colors, natural flavors, humectants, flow agents and acidulants.
Benefits of Fruit Sensations®:
- Apples infused with juice WONF add bold color and flavor to many product applications
- Products can be labeled “Made with real fruit”
- Remain shelf stable in a variety of applications – water activity is 0.35 to 0.55
- Moisture 8% to 16% depending on your application needs
- Provide various flavor and color profiles
- Low cost fruit alternative
- Soft, chewy texture
- Can be customized for flavor and sweetness
Fruit Sensations® Applications:
- Bakery, including cakes, breads, and muffins
- Ice cream
- Fruit and granola bars
- Ready-to-eat snacks
1 serving = ⅓ cup diced @ 10% moisture = 27.6 g
Per USDA guidelines, 1 fruit serving = ½ cup
Let us work with you to create a product to take advantage of the latest fruit consumption recommendations. Incorporating a full serving of fruit into your product creates a marketable advantage.
- Blueberry Blackberry Peach Orange
- Strawberry Raspberry Cherry Apple
- Moisture: 10% to 14%
- Water activity: .45 - .58
- Available in 40 pound cases
- Packaged in a 1.5 mil high density poly bag inside a corrugated box
Preservatives and Treatment Options:
Dehydration itself increases shelf life by lowering the availability of water to microorganisms that cause spoilage. Fruit Sensations® are not preserved with sodium sulfite. The infusion process involves slightly blanching the apples, which significantly reduces enzymatic browning associated with dehydration by inactivating the enzymes.
Infused, no preservatives.