Pumpkin Flake Powder
Our Harvest Has Grown!
Tree Top is now offering Pumpkin flake powder – made from pumpkins that have been puréed, finished, drum-dried and milled to the proper screen specifications.
Available Sizes: **
- 8 Mesh
- 20 Mesh
** Other mesh sizes available upon request. Minimum product quantity requirements may apply.
Pumpkin Flake Powder Benefits:
- Pumpkin is sweet, delicious, and versatile in a variety of applications
- Naturally enhances flavor and color
- Viscosity controlled by customer for maximum versatility – just add water for easy reconstitution
- Shelf-stable and long lasting in ambient temperatures
- Easily blended into dough matrix or filling
- Products can be labeled “made with real fruit”
- Low-cost transportation and storage
- Replacement for wet pumpkin purée
- Provides a dietary source of plant protein
- Pumpkin is full of nutrients and antioxidants that may boost immune system, protect eyesight, lower risk of certain cancers and promote heart and skin health
- Grown in the fertile soils of Washington state
- A low-calorie, low-fat, nutrient-dense food that can be used as a healthy alternative to flour and sugar to help promote healthy weight management
- GMO Free, Gluten Free, Plant Based, and Kosher
Pumpkin Powder Applications:
- Bakery product fillings or doughs
- Plant-based gluten free baked goods
- Baked goods, breads and pancakes
- Baby foods
- Snack bar toppings
- Dried salad seasonings
- Drinks and teas
- Dried vegetable snacks
- Pie fillings
- Vegetables, soups, sauces and spreads
- Pet foods
- and more
The Power of Pumpkin:
Impressive Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin powder is high in vitamin C and other antioxidants, like beta-carotene. The carotenoids in pumpkin powder may help reduce the risk of eye disease. Pumpkin powder is packed full of vital nutrients and is also high in dietary fiber, protein, vitamin A, iron and potassium.
Daily Nutritional Values per 100 grams
- Fiber…………..72% DV
- Protein……….24% DV
- Potassium…..41% DV
- Iron…………….35% DV
- Vitamin C…….32% DV
- Vitamin A…….56% DV
- Calcium……….19% DV
Preservatives and Treatment Options:
Dehydration itself increases shelf life by lowering the availability of water to microorganisms that cause spoilage. Other substances are used to combat enzymatic browning, which is commonly associated with cut fruit.
Pumpkin Flake Powder is offered in 100% fruit – natural (no treatment). Starch may be added to further reduce costs.
We offer other blends of low moisture flake powders and many of these products are available with the following treatments:
No Treatment: No preservative, no special process
Contains Sulfites (to preserve color): Sodium Sulfite <300 ppm maximum
Calcium Stearate may be added at 0.5% maximum to prevent caking
For more information, download our Treatment Options pdf here.
- Available in 20-pound case
- Packaged in a 4.0 mil high density poly bag inside a corrugated box
Although the end usage will ultimately dictate the correct ratio, fruit flake powder generally requires three to five-parts water to one-part powder, to fully reconstitute.
Shelf Life and Storage Recommendations:
|Storage Temperature||Ambient <70ºF||Refrigerated <45ºF||Frozen <0ºF|
|Without Calcium Stearate||Not Recommended||2 years||Not Necessary|
Pumpkin Flake Powder, Low Moisture – no additives (Per 100 grams)
|Saturated Fat (g)||0.64|
|Trans Fatty Acid (g)||0.02|
|Dietary Fiber (2016) (g)||20.30|
|Total Sugars (g)||28.66|
|Added Sugar (g)||0|
|Vitamin D -mcg (mcg)||0|
|Vitamin A -RAE (mcg)||510.00|
|Vitamin C (mg)||29.00|
Nutrition information calculated using Genesis Nutritional Database Software with adjustments based on processing. The information contained herein is, to the best of our knowledge, correct, but all recommendations or suggestions are made without guarantee or responsibility since the conditions of use are beyond our control. We disclaim any liability incurred in connection with the use of this data or suggestions.
Note: Actual product color may vary.