Tree Top’s FrutectantTM is blended fruit flake powder made from apples, pears and plums that have been puréed, finished, drum-dried and milled to the proper screen specifications
can be blended with any characterizing fruit as well.
Available Sizes: **
- 35 Mesh: Thru USS #35 practically 100%
** Other mesh sizes available upon request. Minimum product quantity requirements may apply.
FrutectantTM (Blended Fruit Flake Powder) Benefits:
- Ideal for clean label solutions for plant-based and traditional applications
- 100% fruit powder
- All-natural ingredient fruit that is carefully blended for neutral flavor profile: pears, apples, and plums that add vitamins, fiber, and phytochemicals.
- Shelf-stable in a variety of applications. FrutectantTM extends shelf life of full fat or reduced fat products.
- Naturally enhances flavors with a hint of sweet/tart fruit. Allows you to offer great tasting, healthy products with fewer fat and calories.
- Multifunctional prepackaged system that can be used to replace fat and provide humectancy, bulking, and moisture control.
- A great low-cost option. FrutectantTM costs about the same to use as most fats, such as vegetable shortening or oil.
- Plant-based meat alternatives
- Plant-based gluten free baked goods
- Snack Bars
- Sausage and other animal-based meats
Preservatives and Treatment Options:
Dehydration itself increases shelf life by lowering the availability of water to microorganisms that cause spoilage. Other substances are used to combat enzymatic browning, which is commonly associated with cut fruit.
We offer other blends of low moisture flake powders and many of these products are available with the following treatments:
No Treatment: No preservative, no special process
Contains Sulfites (to preserve color): Sodium Sulfite <300 ppm maximum
Calcium Stearate may be added at 0.5% maximum to prevent caking
For more information, download our Treatment Options pdf here.
- Packaged in a 4.0 mil high density poly bag inside a corrugated box
Although the end usage will ultimately dictate the correct ratio, fruit flake powder generally requires three to five-parts water to one-part powder, to fully reconstitute.