More Fruit, More Forms, More possibilities… Every product Tree Top makes is with our customer in mind. We work closely with product developers to design the optimum ingredient for any finished product. That’s true for Dried Apples and our entire array of fruit ingredients. Our dried fruit product line includes Low Moisture, Regular Moisture, Intermediate Moisture apples, and Dried Fruit Flake Powders in every fruit flavor and form imaginable. Click here to explore our dried fruit…
Tree Top’s Formulated Fruit Preps are custom formulations developed for specific customer products. With several different processing methods; such as aseptic or pasteurization and a team of skilled product developers, we can produce custom fruit ingredients that meet your color, viscosity, flavor, texture and technical requirements. Explore our fruit preparations and order a sample today. Click here to learn more about our fruit preparations…
Tree Top’s fruit juice concentrates are made from wholesome fresh fruit that make excellent sweeteners for baked goods, cereals, candies, frozen novelties, fruit snacks, jams, jellies, sauces and beverages. The same attention to detail and superior standards that go into our own brand — Tree Top — go into the ingredients we offer our customers. Over the years our portfolio of fruit offerings has expanded beyond apples and includes pears, strawberries, blackberries, Concord grapes, and raspberries. If you don’t see the fruit solution you are looking for, Northwest Naturals specializes in liquid fruit solutions and may be able to fulfill your needs. Click here to explore all our fruit juice concentrates…
Fruit is becoming one of the most popular vehicles for delivering a wide range of health benefits. Tree Top’s Fruit Purées are minimally processed, and provide a color boost and an enhanced flavor to both food and beverage applications. Discover the wide range of healthy advantages Tree Top’s fruit purées can bring to your next formulation project. Explore all our fruit purées here…
Pet Food – Reduced Sugar
Consumers increasingly concerned with health and wellness are choosing products boasting with healthful ingredients. Fruit is becoming one of the most popular vehicles for delivering a wide range of health benefits. Our product development team, with backgrounds in food science, chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, sensory, culinary and engineering, can work confidentially with you to create a vast array of food and beverage products. Click here to learn more…
In this white paper, we will review the selection, processing, shelf life, nutrition, and practical aspects of the use of evaporated and low moisture apple products in snacks, bars, cereals and bakery products.
While fruits have always projected a healthy halo, a growing body of research indicates the daily consumption of fruits and vegetables can improve our mental well-being or aid with cognition.
Fruit ingredients, from drum-dried powders and flakes to purées and concentrates, can aid and extend shelf life in baking applications and other food systems. Fruit ingredients present formulators with another tool in their arsenal when seeking clean label solutions.
Antioxidants, fiber and clean label implications — these and a host of other benefits make fruit powders, concentrates and purées attractive ingredients for pet food or treat formulations. In addition, consumers’ top concerns when purchasing pet food include a desire for foods processed in the U.S. and cleaner, simpler product profiles.
The industry push for clean labels shows no signs of slowing down. Indeed, its rapid acceleration is fueled by consumer demand for foods formulated with simple, more natural ingredients whenever possible.
- California Strawberry UpdateCalifornia fresh strawberry shipments continue to fall behind previous years. The lower volume from California is expected to continue for a few more weeks. Cold and wet temperatures have slowed the crop down significantly. This is the slowest start to the season in many years. At the Processing Strawberry Advisory Board meeting yesterday it was … Read more
- California Tree Fruit UpdateStone fruit bloom in California is nearing an end. Many varieties had bloom conditions that were less than ideal this year due to poor weather, but there seems to have been enough good days for bloom that a full crop is expected in most orchards. There will be some areas that have been impacted by … Read more
- California Tree Fruit Bloom 2023Bloom has begun for early varieties of peaches, nectarines, and plums in California’s Central Valley marking the start of a productive and successful season to come. This process starts with the activation of buds that have been in a dormant state throughout the winter. As temperatures rise above 65 degrees for prolonged periods, the buds … Read more
- California Chill HoursSo far, California’s San Joaquin Valley has been having a chilly winter, which is just what our stone fruit trees need to allow for record-high yields. Seasonal chill hours are a critical component of tree fruit production, typically tracked as hours where the temperature is below 45 degrees from November 1st – March 1st. If … Read more
- California Strawberry ProductionThe production of strawberry in California increased in fresh market volume, and also in juice grade, but remained fairly flat for freezer grade. With increased acreage in 2022 over the previous year it gave the fresh market an opportunity to receive more fruit, but with less than ideal growing conditions at times in 2022 the … Read more
- Cold Storage InventoryCold storage inventory of strawberry at the end of the year as reported by USDA has increased since the small volume in 2020. It currently remains a little under the inventory position of 2018. Cold storage inventory of strawberry by item indicates that most categories are below their ten year averages. The exception to this … Read more
Ice Cream Technology Conference – April 18-19, 2023
Petfood Forum – May 1-3, 2023
IFT First: Annual Event and Expo – July 16-19, 2023