Petfood Forum 2021, Kansas City, MO
September 22-24, 2021
The 2021 edition of Petfood Forum is scheduled at the Kansas City Convention Center. Petfood Forum includes an agenda packed with opportunities to network and collaborate with industry professionals, learn the latest in pet food trends and discover new tools for business success.
Petfood Forum organizers are currently planning for an in-person event, in addition to an online program to ensure the event is accessible to everyone.
Sessions at a glance:
- Product positioning and delivery. This includes marketing claims and labeling, as well as food format and container/packaging. All the decisions you need to make before choosing ingredients.
- The major ingredient categories: proteins, fats, carbohydrates. Overview of key nutrients, functions and challenges/considerations for each category or type of ingredient.
- Sourcing, sub-assembly and upstream processing. Everything that needs to happen with ingredients before being incorporated into the formulation and overall pet food production process. Includes steps such as pre-blending of vitamins/minerals, production of meat slurries, milling, grinding, etc.
- Ingredients’ effects on pet food processing, and vice versa. Which types of ingredients most impact pet food production, and which may be altered by the production process? What you need to consider as part of your ingredient selection and formulation development.
- Safety of ingredients: traceability and testing. Best practices, key factors and tips for guarding against pathogens like Salmonella, plus mycotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides/herbicides and nutrient imbalances.