Sweet and Sour Linguine Primavera
- 70 g Tree Top Cherry Fruit Sensations
- 28 g Tree Top Diced, Dried Apples
- 30 g mild olive oil
- 100 g chopped onion
- 18 g minced garlic, divided
- 1 g dried red pepper flakes
- 800 g canned peeled tomatoes, including juice
- 100 g dry white wine
- 8 g light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 g chicken or vegetable bouillon cube
- 60 g broccoli florets
- 125 g cubed zucchini (1/2″ pieces)
- 125 g cubed yellow squash (1/2″ pieces)
- 16 g fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225 g dried linguine
- 6 g grated lemon zest
- Garnish with chopped flat-leaf parsley and
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat 8 g of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, 8 g of the garlic and the red pepper flakes. Saute until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Crush the tomatoes with your fingers, then add them to the skillet, along with the white wine, cherries, apples, brown sugar and the bouillon cube. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broccoli, zucchini and yellow squash, cover and simmer until they are tender, but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well. Return the drained pasta to the pot and add the sauce, along with the lemon zest, the remaining 3 grams garlic, the parsley, and the remaining 20 gramzs olive oil. Toss until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
Divide the pasta among warmed shallow bowls. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.