Apricot, Brie and Pancetta Walnut Panini
Apricot Red Onion Jam
- 135 g Tree Top Apricot Puree
- 6 g olive oil
- 35 g red onion, finely diced
- 60 g water
- 6 g brown sugar
- 0.05 g sea salt
- 5 g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 g fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 116 g walnut bread
- 30 g Brie cheese, chilled, sliced
- 22 g Apricot Red Onion Jam (see recipe above)
- 12 g Pancetta, pan fried, crispy
- olive oil
Heat flat bottom frying pan and cook bacon until crispy and lay on paper towel.
Heat Panini press, griddle or heavy flat-bottom pan to medium heat (approx. 350 F).
Spread Apricot jam on either side of sliced bread. Lay sliced ¼” chilled brie cheese on 1 side and bacon on the other. Make sandwich; brush outside with olive oil and grill until toasted. Slice in half or bite-sized quarters and serve with additional jam, if desired, on the side.
Apricot Red Onion Jam:
Heat olive oil in small pan to medium heat. Add red onion and caramelize, stirring frequently and adjusting the heat to keep from burning. Onions should be dark and soft. Add a little water to reduce caramelization and soften.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 10 minutes or until onions are softened.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings (1 cup)