Apple Potato Soup
- 1357 g Tree Top Apple Purée
- 28 g unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cleaned and thinly sliced
- 980 g low-sodium chicken broth
- 105 g Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 55 g packed light brown sugar
- 12 g salt
Melt butter over medium heat in a large, lidded pot. Add leeks and cook 7 minutes, until softened. Add chicken broth, apples and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
Using a blender, while still hot, puree mixture in small batches until smooth. Return pureed soup to pan and add brown sugar and salt while soup is still hot.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with a dollop of crème fraiche and sliced chives if desired.